- This course is aimed at the complete beginner
- You should have a running version of Krita (free software)
- It is very strongly recommended that you have a graphics tablet
- Digital painting requires some patience and perseverence
Welcome to Section 1 of my course Essentials of Digital Illustrations with Krita.
This section is absolutely free, but it consists of only the first section of the course.
This section is targeted at the complete beginner and covers taking the first steps in digital illustration.
Krita is a highly acclaimed digital painting software, and it is completely free and open source. If you want to get started in digital illustration without splurging on license fees then this is a great place to start. Once you have gained confidence digital painting you can easily and painlessly switch over to commercial software if you want. (Or you can continue using Krita of course!)
Contents of this section:
- Get started creating simple doodles
- Learn about basic brushes and create your first wood texture
- Learn about the basic tools available to Krita
- Learn to make a basic sketch
- Add color, shading and highlighting
- Lots of tips
- Lots of exercises
Want more free goodies? Check out my youtube channel: Open Source Tutor
Update: Krita version 4.0 comes with a brand new set of default brushes! This is great on the whole, but makes the videos a bit confusing! So I added some extra videos to help.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in getting started in Digital Illustration without worrying about license fees.
- Anyone who wants to learn Krita
- Note: this is a course on Krita software, not a course on general drawing/painting techniques.